The SONA 2013 focused on the role of education in the Philippines’ economic growth. His excellency compared these opportunities to a seed which must be watered with diligence, nourished with determination, and cultivated with dedication.
The President cited statistics to validate his stand on the function of Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (TESDA) to alleviate unemployment.
“Let us take a look at our TESDA-DOLE scholars. Of the 503,521 people who have graduated from their programs, an estimated six out of ten have found jobs,” the President reiterated.
According to Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the employment rate of the graduates of TESDA soared by 42.4 percent.
“You are the ones who will shape this growth, you are the ones who will determine whether the fruits of our labors become sweet and ripe for the picking, or if you will let them rot away and waste the chances that this new chapter in our history has given us,” PNoy continued.
Aquino also amplified accomplishments on raising the quality of education in the Philippines, boasting the current developments in the Department of Education (DepEd).
He also commended DepEd Secretary Armin Luistro by highlighting the elimination of backlogs in books and classrooms believing that this would be a good start, especially now that they’re preparing to implement the K to 12 program.
With these improvements in both the economic and educational sectors the President continues to believe that the problems that plagued both sectors, and the country itself, may not be solved in a blink of an eye but if you just begin, change–improvement will be cultivated.
- SONA 2013: Philippines on midterm growth (thejournalismpost.com)
- PNoy’s highlight reforms: SONA 2013 (newstella.wordpress.com)
- SONA 2013 and the pride of being Filipino nowadays (rojan88.wordpress.com)
- PNoy exalts Phl dev’t in SONA 2013 (angle3jrn2.wordpress.com)
- SONA 2013: Pnoy’s Report Towards a Better Nation (onjourn1314.wordpress.com)
- PH Economy ‘rising’ says PNoy in SONA (kwentongtapa.wordpress.com)
- A General Reaction to President Aquino’s Fourth State of the Nation Address (nstp1upse.wordpress.com)